What I love about Crystal Cruises (not in any particular order)!
- Crystal Serenity is a large enough ship to offer a variety of choices for dining, entertainment, enrichment classes and activities, but small enough to feel a part of a family with easy access to staff, crew and captain, and never feel crowded!
- The ship is simple, yet elegant, not overdone with art and design.
- Fresh squeezed juices – everyday!
- Terrific string quartet plays upon embarkation, during tea and other occasions during the cruise.
- Very comfortable room with veranda – nicely appointed – with plenty of storage space, hangars in the closet, mirrors, flat screen tv, dvd player, and outlets for charging phones, etc .
- Large bathroom with double vanity sinks! Comfortable size bathtub/ shower with great water pressure, nice décor, tile and granite.
- Large, plush and plentiful bath towels.
- Stocked mini-fridge with soft drinks, beer, water – all complimentary – and restocked daily.
- Prompt, efficient room service and delicious coffee.
- ALL Staff and crew are friendly and courteous, and provide great service to all guests without hesitation or expectation of gratuity.
- ALL-INCLUSIVE …except for shore excursions and spa…all food, wine, soft and alcoholic beverages, including premium liquors, specialty coffee drinks, and gratuities.
- Two pairs of bathrobes in the stateroom! One light weight and one terry cloth – very thoughtful.
- One complimentary visit to each specialty restaurant during the cruise.
- Very nice, relaxing ambiance in buffet area – pretty partitions between food stations and tables.
- Wonderful service provided in buffet area. Staff was always very attentive to bring beverages, and refills, to the table upon arrival. The staff provides anything you need or want, and are very prompt in cleaning up tables or removing empty dishes.
- Did I mention, fresh squeezed juices – everyday!
- Self-service and complimentary laundry facilities with included soap dispensers in each machine.
- Fun ballroom dance instructors.
- High Tea Service with white linens and china every afternoon.
- Talented six piece band in Palm Court Lounge for dancing, listening.
- Entertaining acts in main showroom.
- Exclusively Crystal – Louis Armstrong’s “Wonderful World” plays over the PA system when the ship is leaving most ports of call.
- PA system does not sound in stateroom, unless emergency announcements.
- Electronic “Do Not Disturb” and “Clean My Room” buttons in the stateroom and a doorbell.
- Attentive service by entire wait staff and housekeeping without any expectation of gratuities.
Lucy Brinster, August 2016
Contact Lucy at 267-274-2552.
Photo of Serenity courtesy of Crystal Cruises